Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The baby shower!!

I work for a wonderful company. In the five and a half years I have been with them I have made so many good friends and shared some really fun - and sad - times. I have an awesome boss who has been so supportive over the years, as well as worked my butt off! My co worker and good friend, Aasta (aka as mini-me) organised the most beautiful baby shower. I was sooo nervous! Especially as one by one folks left the office for appointments - with little grins on their faces!

Soon it was time to follow my replacement, Victoria, to the secret location - a lovely venue at the squash club overlooking the lake. Decorated beautifully (in pink of course) with a gorgeous afternoon tea and all of those who could make it from our various offices. And was I spoiled? Oh yes! This wee girl is going to be the best dressed bub this side of LA - and what was lovely was not only the clothes, but the practical gear as well - teething rings, a baby sling, oh all sorts! The presents just didn't stop coming.

My boss Martin (honorary female for the afternoon) was there too, and he and his lovely partner Kim gave me the most gorgeous cot quilt, sheet and bumper set. There were so many beautiful gifts I would hate to single any out - suffice to say that my car was full of balloons and presents for the drive home. I even managed not to cry (too much) and am looking forward to some quiet time in the nursery sorting and finding homes for all the wee things. And Annette organised games (use a ribbon to guess my waistline was rather interesting as most were way bigger than I am really). And the vouchers from one of the offices for mamma massages couldn't have come at a better time!

So, all in all, I was extremely spoilt - will post some more photos so you can get an idea of just how special everyone made me feel :-)
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged