Friday, July 07, 2006

Wow, More Drugs

Yet another blood test today - levels are still nice and low so it looks like all systems go for next week. Went to see my nurse and got my supply - last time I started out on 225 IU of Gonal F (the stimulant) and this time I start out on 412.5 IU! Wow, that's a lot of hormones! Boss asked if it came with body armour for anyone I happened to be near!

The nurse told me I would have a little left over in each Gonal F Pen and I could use them to "make up" a full injection later. Avoid me that day as I will have to inject a little bit seven times to make up the dose! Ha!

So, one final scan next Monday, and then I start the injections. And roughly forty injections later (plus blood tests) we will hopefully get to the point of retrieval, fertilisation and implantation!

On a positive note, this month's Australian Woman's Weekly Pisces Horoscope says:

"If you've been wondering or waiting about a pregnancy or adoption, remember that a high percentage of Pisceans will make big progress between now and August."

I'll take that on board!

3 Comments:

Blogger soralis said...

Good luck!

Wishing you the very best with your cycle

5:01 PM  
Blogger Mony said...

A fellow Piscean will take that onboard too.
I have a transfer tomorrow.
Please, Please, Please Women's Weekly!

2:32 PM  
Blogger StellaNova said...

Does it say anything for Gemini?

I start my Gonal-F next Thursday. Is it really 40 injections?? God help us!!

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged