Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Puppy is great, I'm not so good

I had a lovely day off work today - my co worker is back and she held the fort while I played with Katie, and painted some of our new fence.

The clinic had called this morning and asked me to go for yet another blood test, which I did. They just called, basically to say that my body is cycling on it's own and therefore has already started to produce an egg. The poor old ovaries are obviously a bit confused from all the drugs, and so the only option is to wait a month till the next period, then start from there. That delays any possible retrieval, fertilisation and implantation till August.

I'm bummed. I knew going into this that there were always problems, delays, and unforeseen situations. I just feel like with one cancelled cycle, and now one delayed, that the odds are against me for ever actually getting to retrieval. We have already booked to go away in early September, so hopefully we will get any cycle done prior to then. I guess we will have to cross that bridge when we get to it!

In the meantime, Katie had her first wee run outside today, did her first "big job" on the lawn, and scratched the grass very officially to cover it. She's a wee sweetie, and she met her first "wee humans" today. Maddie the baby had her cracker stolen from her chubby wee fist, and Jess got to pat her and throw her cardboard stick for her to fetch!

1 Comments:

Blogger Keeping The Faith said...

I really think the sun needs to shine soon over our "news-group". Way too many clouds in there. I'm sorry you are having such delays. How frustrating. I hope the days fly by until you are back on the road ttc. Maybe you'll have a oops cycle. Wouldn't that be nice. Sending you love all the way from California.

KAC

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged