Tuesday, July 04, 2006

We have dates!

Yesterday's blood test was a bit of an event. The usually lovely older lady who takes my blood was in a garrulous mood - she looked at my form, asked me if I was undergoing infertility treatment, and when I said yes, asked me if I had any children yet. No, I replied. Then she went on to tell me how upset I must be about the Kahui twins deaths (for those overseas, three month old boy twins were murdered about three weeks ago by a family member). Of course I was upset about the twins - the whole country was and is, and rightly so. But I really didn't need it pointed out to me while having yet another needle stuck in my arm! She did get a bit of a lecture from me on tact and kindness when dealing with infertile folks! I told her she should consider herself lucky I wasn't on the hormone injections at the time or it would have been MUCH worse!

Anyway, the blood test result was good - estrogen was low, so another bloodtest next Monday and then I pick up my drugs from the clinic for the next round. Dates are:

Friday 14th July - stop taking birth control pills
Monday 17th July - probably a scan, and start Buserelin injections (morning and night)
Wednesday 19th July - add Gonal F injections every evening.
Monday 24th July - first blood test to check estrogen.
Week beginning 31st July - egg collection, fertilisation and reimplantation.

As we all know, there are a lot of variables in there, but it feels good to have our dates and have something concrete in place to look forward to. Can't believe I am actually looking forward to starting those darn injections again! But anything is better than the waiting and uncertainty I think, so am feeling pretty darn positive...

1 Comments:

Blogger soralis said...

Glad to hear you have some dates, good luck.

Glad to hear that you had a conversation with the nurse!!

Take care

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged