Monday, May 22, 2006

Another day, another blood test

Just an update for those who keep checking back! It's a little boring when there is not much happening isn't it?

I was supposed to go for a blood test last Thursday, but with this ear infection I ended up having some time off work, so went today. And I just got the call from the clinic that my estrogen level actually increased rather than decreased, so the follicles are obviously deciding they want to hang around a bit. So, I stay on the Provera till next Monday and another blood test then before they decide I can have a period and start the pill!

I honestly think if you shake me, I'll rattle. Current morning medication is one pre natal vitamin, one antibiotic tablet, two pain killers. Lunch time, two pain killers and another antibiotic. Then just for fun in the evening it's two Provera tablets, two pain killers and another antibiotic. I finish up with two more pain killers for supper. My ear is definately getting better though - last night was the first night I hadn't woken up in pain at some ungodly hour.

Poor hubby woke up at 3.45am yesterday morning (Sunday) with chest pains. I was already up waiting for pain killers to kick in, so we drove off to the A and E department at North Shore Hospital. They wired him up, took some blood, and did an ECG - all perfectly normal, but they treat it quite seriously so decided to keep him in for the day. I came home at about 10am and had a wee nap (I'd only had about three hours sleep) and then went back to the hospital about 2pm. They repeated the tests and all were fine, so we were home about 6.30 and apart from being a little tired he is doing good. They think it was either a strained muscle or rib ligaments, but they agreed it was better to be safe than sorry.

What really amazed me was that during the time he was in the hospital he was seen by probably five sets of doctors and nurses - and every time, they asked the same questions. And got the same answers. AND made notes of those answers. Now, I know they are making sure that they know his symptoms and that nothing gets missed, but don't you think they could have cut out a lot of time and effort by having a file with his name on it with the questions he had been asked already?

Having said that, the staff were very good and took care of him well. It's lovely that nothing is wrong with my boy! I think we are both in need of a very quiet week of recovery though!


Blogger sube said...

Glad to hear hubby's okay. I imagine you've had enough doctors for one week! Hope the rest of the week is peaceful.

5:34 PM  
Blogger Dream Mommy said...

I'm glad to hear everything is ok with hubby. I hope you both feel better soon.

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged