Monday, May 08, 2006

The First Hiccup

As you know, I started the Gonal F injections on Friday (three stim injections so far) of 225 IU each time. I had my first blood test this morning and the nurse called me this afternoon to let me know that my Estrogen level was still too low. It is less than 150, which means I am not reacting as strongly to the drugs as they had hoped.

So, the plan is to up my dosage from tonight to 300 (unfortunately that means 2 injections plus the normal one as I don't have enough left in the pen to do just one!). They will test my blood again on Wednesday to see what effect that has had.

Chances are, if the estrogen level has not risen high enough to satisfy, they may cancel this cycle and we will have start again. I'm feeling pretty bummed right now, although I do know it is early days yet and it is possible that the increased dose will do the trick. I just dread having to stop now and then start all over again. I know that I will do it if that is the only option (it just means we have to pay for another set of drugs) but I'd really so much rather that THIS was the one.

Those that pray - please pray. Those that don't, feel free to send good vibes and estrogen laced thoughts in our direction.

3 Comments:

Blogger soralis said...

I hope your levels increase.

Good luck and I will say a prayer for you!

5:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fingers and toes and everything else possible crossed!!!

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged