Friday, May 05, 2006

Ouch! I lost my sense of humour!

Ok...so pride goeth before a fall. I thought I was doing so well with the jabs, but we went off to the bedroom to do the first injection - the one I have been doing without problem since Wednesday. Stuck it in and pulled it out straight away - it hurt! Really stung. Sent Rupes to the kitchen to check the chicken while I regained my composure, then tried again and no problems.

So, then it was onto the stimulant drug - Gonal F, which comes in quite a big fancy pen thing that you dial the dosage and then pull the wee knob. All ready to go and I freaked - it looked so big and I thought it was going to inject all off the dosage. Duh. A few tears and then Rupes quietly explained that I was only taking a quarter of the dose. And that the air bubble in the tube wouldn't go into me because of the angle of the tube.

All done. Feeling a bit like a dork. Apologies to Rupert for waving a syringe in his direction and suggesting we get rid of the air bubble in HIS tummy instead of mine.

TGIF. Have I said that already?

7 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I'd probably freak out about the little things too. That's what husbands are for!

12:51 AM  
Blogger Keeping The Faith said...

No matter how many times i tapped the gonal-f pens to make the air bubbles rise to the top so they would get out when i prepped the pen... i always had air bubbles left over. I found that if i layed down flat (instead of standing) while doing the injections I felt better b/c the air bubble would stay at the top and i didn't have to worry. I also thought it was odd how most of the injections were completely painless and then once in a while it would sting like crazy or feel like it didn't want to go in.... but overall I think the Gonal-f pens are easy and convient. Looks worse then it is. What dosage are you on?

2:58 AM  
Blogger Pixxiee said...

Thanks you two - I figured there is no way I can get rid of the airbubble - will try laying down flat next time. Injection this morning was just fine after last night's painful one, so I guess I am back on track!

Keeping the faith - my dosage is 225 on the pen - not sure if that means 2.25 ml or .225ml!

6:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl --

Don't worry, you are doing great!

I think I might have suggested (several times) that DH take an injection or two (or ten) in my place as well.

My RE's nurse told me not to worry too much about the air bubbles.

And thanks by the way. ;)

Nat

12:16 PM  
Blogger soralis said...

Air... hmmm never thought of that when I was jabbing! Now I am freaked! LOL!

Take care and I hope things go smoothly

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged