Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Second Blood Test Result

My level is 530 - well up from the 227 a couple of days ago, and well up from the 303 this time last cycle, and I heard those magic words from the nurse "the doctor is quite pleased with this". Ahh. Doctorial approval, makes my day. He seems to just think I am a little bit of a slow responder, and judging by the way I can drink coffee at 9pm and still sleep fine, I figure I have a bit of a cast iron system when it comes to drugs! Of course, I am down to one coffee a day now, so you would think I would have lost some resistance!

So, the plan is to run by the clinic this afternoon and pick up some more Gonal F (I've run out!) and then another blood test and a scan on Friday morning.

Apart from that, it's been an interesting day - work has gone very well, DH is away overnight so I get to be solo Mum to Katie at Puppy School graduation tonight, and apart from some family stuff (let's not go there!!!) I feel like I have got some of my calmness back about this cycle. I was dreading a result like last time, having to cancel before we even got to trigger or egg retrieval, and oh the relief of hearing that number today. There's nothing quite like knowing you have used $2500 worth of drugs and gone through all the pain, emotional turmoil and worry, possibly for nothing!

5 Comments:

Blogger soralis said...

Good luck, hope your body does what it is supposed to

Take care

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news! Will be checking in to see how you are getting on

8:31 PM  
Blogger Keeping The Faith said...

So glad to hear the good news. I'm pulling for you Pixxiee!!!!

1:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

1:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged