Friday, October 23, 2009

TGIF!!!

Friday! And a long weekend here in NZ - we are heading up to stay with my Mum at the beach. A couple of days of rest and relaxation, just what the doctor ordered. And Mum gets to check out my baby bump!

Speaking of the doctor, had my check up on Wednesday and all is good. Interestingly, they told me that they wouldn't get me go past 38/39 weeks due to my age - so that will bring the due date back to mid January. I am so not complaining! Things will start to get busy now with appointments - blood test next week for 28 weeks, including the dreaded glucose test for gestational diabetes - very much hoping to pass that one. Then a scan at 30 weeks and again at 32, plus obstetrician appointments every 2 weeks. Oh and fitting in a visit to the naturopath, and then from 35 weeks weekly appointments with the midwife and obstetrician. Gah! I am going to need to go down to part time work just to fit it all in - that will happen in November.

Mostly I am feeling well. Reflux is definately my major problem, and mylanta helps. I've had a few very disturbed nights with reflux, a sore hip and aching leg and baby kicking, so last night wore myself out at aqua class and slept through the whole night. Bliss! Walking seems to aggravate the pain in my thigh from baby sitting on a certain nerve - after a walk it feels like my thigh is on fire. Very painful! The rash is still there, but seems to be fading - apparently I have to have another blood test next week for that as well. I guess all those IVF blood tests are good training for this!

BUT isn't it wonderful? Six months today, 27 weeks tomorrow. Baby is around 35cms from head to toe, and her heart beat is strong and sound. She is active and wiggly and certainly lets her Mum know she is there! I even felt her head and foot at my doctors appointment! So, a few physical aches and pains are NOTHING compared to how excited I am :-) She even gave her Daddy a really good strong kick the other night. Wait till I show her how to tickle him when she is big enough!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mony said...

Love the baby shower goodies! The most exciting thing is filling the nursery with all the itty bitty clothes & things you'll soon be immersed in. It's such a happy time!

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged