Saturday, February 02, 2008

Blast from the Past

When I was 12 and 13 I had a penpal named Carlos, who lived in Sao Paulo Brazil. I found him on the internet recently and we've been emailing back and forth.

Today's bonus? He emailed copies of some of my letters - complete with pretty pictures. I never knew I was so artistic! And so serious! I must have a dig through my "letter box" to see if I have any of his - I remember them as being absolutely beautifully decorated, and his English wasn't very good, so our letters became a case of him teaching me a little Japanese (I was learning at school) and me correcting his English!

Hehe...I wonder if folks still have penpals in this electronic age?
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger The Beauty Junkie said...

How cute it that?! awesome.

5:03 AM  
Blogger Adriane said...

A penpal! How fabulous! I think I had a penpal from Japan, but it only lasted for a year or so. Can't even remember her name. Good for you in reconnecting!! I bet it is so fun for you to read old letters that you wrote.

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged