Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My doctor...

I had an appointment to see my doc today. Mainly because last Monday I fainted at work, and fainted again when hubby picked me up and took me to the hospital - in fact, I managed to crumple right in front of the admitting man who was suitably impressed and got me a wheelchair right away. After a long long day the diagnosis was low blood pressure due to dehydration - due to this gastro bug I've been dealing with for ages. Over six weeks! Admittedly on and off, but it hasn't been very pleasant. The only upside is that I have lost 5 or 6 kilos! I am feeling a little better, and managed an hour on the treadmill tonight with no problem, so fingers crossed it's on it's way out!

Dr M, my doctor, definately has a way about her. She is so calm and sympathetic, but very real at the same time. She talked to me about how sorry she was about the miscarriage, about how impressed she was that whenever she spoke to me I was positive and well informed. And how she thought I was very brave. She commented that a surprise pregnancy, coming so soon after we had decided to stop trying, which then ended in miscarriage had to hurt a lot. We talked a bit about how people, unless they have been through it, just find it hard to understand the grief. Of course I cried, and she gave me a hug (whilst examining my boobs for my pre mammogram check) - we also had a good talk about trying again. Her advice was to go for it. So we shall. Back to the date diary!

In other news, Toby has a large abcess on his neck. Poor wee fella, it doesn't seem to be bothering him much but the antibiotics haven't made much of an impact so we have an appointment tomorrow and it looks like they will operate on Thursday or Friday. Luckily they can also do his neutering and microchip at the same time, so hopefully he will be all recovered soon. We are off to Surfers Paradise on the 9th of Feb - me for a work conference (tho we are going a bit early so Rupes and I can go theme parking for a day!) and Rupes is coming along as the spouse! Thanks to Muzz for house/cat/dog/garden sitting for us :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Adriane said...

Sorry to hear about your gastro issue - hopefully you are feeling better. And poor Toby! At least he'll get all of those things knocked out at the same time.

Your Dr sounds lovely. Glad to hear you will be trying again soon. I'm sure it's a tough decision.

12:12 PM  
Blogger The Beauty Junkie said...

So sorry to hear that. I hope that you recover well. So glad that you will try again also. And poor Toby!

5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged