Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Just a little prick!

I'm not going to bore you by giving you a daily record of the injections - but today was the first one! It was on my mind all night - in fact, I think I woke up hourly from 3am just to make sure I didn't sleep through it, which would have been interesting as the alarm always goes off at 5.30am so there wasn't much chance of missing it!

I was a little nervous about it, but it went fine - upending the bottle of medication with the needle stuck into it to draw down the correct amount was a bit of a fiddle, but Rupert held the bottle while I pulled the plunger down, and then in it went. Instinctive reaction was to put the needle in, press the plunger, and pull it out straight away, but you have to hold the needle in for about five seconds to give the drugs time to get into the tissue. So I just counted out loud and then we were done.

So, one injection down, about forty to go! Next one is at 6pm tonight, so at least I will be more awake!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well my work spouse, the build up to the injections is over and now - let the pricks begin!! I know you will get through this part of the process, you are a very strong & beautiful lady, And not to mention that lovely hubby of yours, with his love and support! I'll be here for you anytime you need a huggle or just to unload. Talk soon, love K

9:31 AM  
Blogger The Curious Kid said...

We were thinking of you today ... We hope that the Greater Power watches over you and Rupes during this new chapter in your lives.

Endless hugs, love and warm smiles ;-)

Jo and Peanut

6:51 PM  
Blogger The Curious Kid said...

We were thinking of you today. May the Greater Power watch over you and Rupes during this new chapter ...

Endless love, hugs and warm smiles ;-)

Jo and Peanut

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! I am proud of you, I know you were so worried about the injections. I am glad it went well.

Nat

5:40 AM  
Blogger soralis said...

Glad to hear you got the first one overwith, it's the worst!

Take care and good luck!

5:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged