Sunday, May 11, 2008

The big one...

Yup, today was the 10km fun run/walk. Friends came for dinner (and a bit too much wine) and then stayed the night and we all headed over together. The good thing about the walk was that the course was completely flat. Four laps made up the 10km so it was easy to see your time and how you were doing - and it only rained on the first lap. At the 5km mark I was ready to give it up, but fought the battle in my head and carried on - and at the end of the 7.5km lap Rupes, Liza and Muzz were all cheering me on. So, I finished, and actually ran across the finish line with another girl, and did it in 1 hour 18 minutes or so. I was expecting/planning for 1 hour 30 minutes so not too shabby. Funnily enough, my knee hurt for the first lap or so, and then my hip took over and is still sore now. Thank goodness for lovely neighbours with a spa pool which we made good use of!

I get the feeling I am going to be very tired tomorrow. But, still, it was my longest walk/run ever, and I have two weeks to prepare for the next 10km walk which will be tougher, as it has some nasty hills.

Maybe this is turning into a fitness blog! But...I went shopping and bought some new clothes for work and I have gone down 2 dress sizes! I bought the cutest grey wool dress, and some knee high black boots with a tiny heel, as well as a pair of trousers, a skirt, and some tops. Amazing what a difference it makes having clothes that fit!

2 Comments:

Blogger The Beauty Junkie said...

Just reading that wore me out. I hope that I can get as fit as you.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Adriane said...

Yay for the first 10k!! That's OK if it turns into a fitness blog - whatever is on your mind! New clothes - in smaller sizes - are so FUN!!!!

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged