Sunday, August 13, 2006

Thank You...

It's just over a week to go till the first Beta and I wanted to say some thank you's before I get to that point. Whether that result is positive or negative, whether that is the end of the road for us, or just the start of a new journey, there are so many folks who have been such a support for me over the past few months.

Firstly of course, my DH, who is the best man in the world. Nearly eight years together and it just keeps on getting better. And he has put up with the mood swings, the tears, the outright bitchiness and taking on the majority of the workload here at home while I rest. I can't actually put into words just how amazing he is. I'm a very lucky girl.

Family and friends - I've been so grateful for the text messages, emails, phone calls and hugs. At first I wondered whether having everyone in my "real" life knowing about this was a good idea - but I am so glad I shared it with you all. Mum - thanks for your support. Dad, the emails really helped. My family-in-law- thank you! Cat, if we don't make it to Perth you'll understand right? Friends both here in New Zealand and overseas (hey Kelly and Lori) who have read my blog, and then called me to talk about what was posted! Mates who have understood when I didn't feel up to going out, or was asleep at their house at 9pm.

My work colleagues have been amazing, covering for me, sending me home when I looked teary or tired, and always checking in to see how things are going. The wee gifts and the hugs really made all this so much easier. My awesome boss, who has cut me the slack I needed to get all this done. I won't mention all the names as I am sure to leave someone out! I am so lucky to work in such a great group of offices, with such a neat group of people. Rupe's workmates who have been lovely as well - thanks to you.

The new friends I have made at alt.infertility.primary - some of whom have had disappointments this month, and one of whom is pregnant right now! Seriously, if you are reading this and you need somewhere to talk about your own infertility or treatments, go hang out there. I learned so much from those wise, encouraging and supportive ladies. Special thanks and hugs to Yellowgirl, Butterflyluvr, Kams, KAC Keeping the Faith, Leighann, Christy...I know there are more but those are the main ones :-)

And the bloggers. I first came across a blog by a New Yorker named Julie called www.alittlepregnant.com and was completely blown away by her story, and her style! Since then, I have found many blogging friends and have enjoyed reading about their journeys and having their encouragement and wisdom during mine. I'm going to list some of my favourite blogs below - if I have missed you out please know it was lack of space rather than not valuing you!

Meri-ann https://impatientpatient.wordpress.com/ ooh and she's the "P-word"
Ellie http://heyellie.blogspot.com/ who never fails to leave nice comments
StellaNova http://stellanova-onastar.blogspot.com/ who is anxiously awaiting her beta too
Soralis http://soralis.blogspot.com/ who has IVF twins and wants to try again! Good for you!
Keeping the Faith http://kacastello.blogspot.com/ who has been a lovely commenter even through her own very hard times.

There are so many others...but I wanted to mention those here because they are blogs I have found most helpful.

Lastly, the cats Sandy and Dream, and puppy Katie. You may not have known why Mummy needed a cuddle right at that moment, or needed to laugh at what you were doing, or even why I needed to make you be quiet so I could nap...but I promise you, if this works, you are just gonna LOVE your new housemate. Really. I won't let him/her pull your tails I promise...

Thanks all!

6 Comments:

Blogger The Curious Kid said...

You are both truly amazing ... Sending an abundance of hugs, love and warm smiles ;-)

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so lovely to be thanking others during this time- thank you so much for your kind thoughts.
I'm sending loads of good vibes your way, and praying that we have good news soon!

10:22 PM  
Blogger StellaNova said...

Thanks ... and we wait patiently together!

I hope we both get good news soon :)

12:57 AM  
Blogger ellie said...

You are too nice. You actually have me crying this morning- I am so touched you like my blog. Yeah, ok the hormones could be tipping the scale on my sensitivity- but what the heck. I'd rather cry about something sweet than the dog eating my sprinklers again. (and yes, he did...) I am hoping the best for you and that you get good news.

3:06 AM  
Blogger soralis said...

I really really hope this works out for you. :)

Thanks for reading and mentioning my blog... you are so sweet.

Big hug and good luck

5:43 AM  
Blogger Mony said...

Support is the BEST.

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged