Friday, August 04, 2006

Trigger tonight...(part 2 of Friday!)

Dropped by the clinic on the way home to collect my trigger shot - to be done at 10pm tonight, and retrieval is 10am on Sunday. I chose sedation rather than full anaesthetic, hopefully the recovery will be easier for me.

Today's blood test came in at 3222, and when you graph the numbers you can see it's levelling off, so that fits in with the slow growth of the follicles (see earlier post today)...

So...that's it. We are go, and no one can ever say (especially ourselves) that we didn't give it our best shot.

Will update after retrieval on Sunday, and am looking forward to NO injections tomorrow at all!

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck on Sunday! I hope that inbetween now and then you get some good follie growth! I am not responding to the meds either and my doc was scratching his head today, long story short i ended up in tears in the office because we may have to cancel. On cycle day 7 my E2 was only 24. How awful is that??? At least yours is going up and you have SOME follies...I have 3 little tiny ones as of today, cycle day 9. At least one of us is going to get to Egg retrieval day! Good luck, I hope it goes really well for you!

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck babe. And it's definitely not unheard of that you responded the way you have, myself and at least 3 others I know of have had much the same reaction. I found I waited just a few extra days to trigger (And I've been on higher doses than you)- I would urge you that if you have to do ivf again (hopefully not!) that you do 450iu or 600iu and based on the follie measurements today I'd probably aim for epu on Tuesday or Wednesday at the earliest. A lot of clinics are very conservative about their treatments, but sometimes it just takes a few cycles to get into the groove of how you respond and the best time for epu to get the best eggs.
That said, good luck for Sunday!! Thinking of you....

8:08 PM  
Blogger soralis said...

Good luck on sunday! Hope you have some extra development on the follie side before then.

Take care and good luck

3:05 AM  
Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

Will be thinking of you this weekend! Best of luck.

4:26 AM  
Blogger BigP's Heather said...

Keeping my toes, fingers, and everything else crossed for you!!!

6:33 AM  
Blogger Mony said...

You shall be in my thoughts on Sunday. Keep going clever girl! Very proud of you.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Keeping The Faith said...

I'll be thinking about you on Sunday! Sending you many positive thoughts. Much Love-

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged