Tuesday, August 12, 2008

On The Mend...

Ugh, I have been so sick. Thank goodness for the Olympics - at least it gave me something to watch while curled up on the couch feeling sorry for myself. Rupes has been a star, walking the dogs and making me boiled eggs with toast, and generally keeping the house running. I think I am on the mend now though - first day in a week with no headache.

I'm kind of bummed that the only fine day we have had in ages was Sunday - when I was too tired and sick to do anything outside. We have a few busy weekends coming up so hopefully I'll manage to fit in a day or so out in the garden which is in that terrible end of winter state. What a mess.

We've had the dogs sleeping in the garage - they have their own couch out there, and it's pretty nice. Except Katie will bark for anything from 10 minutes to half an hour when she is put out there. It's been a long week - I hate dogs barking, but we really had to tough it out. She is very stubborn - whereas Toby is pretty laid back. The only thing that really upsets Toby is if we take Katie away from him - he hates that! Anyway, last night was the first night where Rupert put them in the garage...and peace! No barking. In fact, one solitary bark at 5am which I think was Toby needing the bathroom. So...progress.

Rupes' cousin Anna is moving in with us in early September, so I was really wanting to get the house into some kind of routine before she comes. And the dogs are a bit demanding and noisy at times. Not to mention the cats. Oh well, she will understand that our house is sometimes just a little chaotic!

1 Comments:

Blogger Topcat said...

I hope you feel much better by now. While I'm sorry your garden is in a mess, I WAS excited to see it was from 'end of winter'.

Yeeessssss. Roll on spring, I say.

Love to you, Pixxiee.
xoxo

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged