Saturday, October 07, 2006

Poor hubby

I haven't been blogging much lately - mainly as nothing has really happened! We are still thinking about the way forward - the options available, be they adoption, fostering, another IVF cycle etc. I don't feel ready to give up yet on the dream of having a child, so hopefully we will have a decision soon.

In the meantime, for your amusement, my husband's workmate sent me this photo, with a note asking if I know the contact details of the driver! Yes, hubby left his handbrake off and his car in neutral, and it quietly rolled across a busy main road and into a ditch that had just been dug that morning. Needless to say, Rupes is NOT living this one down. Good news is the damage was only a smashed indicator which cost $40 to replace - this is one car that just won't die, no matter what he does to it!

Katie was spayed a week ago - she was very groggy on the Friday night I brought her home, but has recovered really well and only has one more week of walks only before she can get back to playing with her doggy mates at the park. She and the cats are still trying to find the balance that suits them - not always easy when Katie goes into puppy mode and bounces around barking at them! Hopefully as she gets older, and slower, they'll reach an understanding! Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Laurie,

I'm glad you're considering adoption. My DH and I haven't given up the idea of IVF (we are still going to try once more), but had started the process to adopt a child from Colombia. I think it is a good idea to start doing this now, since the process in most countries, except the ones in Africa, takes something in between 6 months and 3 years, and a lot of countries, like Guatemala, can assign you a baby of about 5 months old. I don't exactly know in Asia, how it works but it's worth taking a good look in the internet.
Somebody, once told me that it doesn't matter if it's your own biological child, once you embrace it in your arms, it's yours and you will start loving it since this moment. I think you love your child, since the start of the process to adopt.
Because of our age (35 and 37) we are going to have a child assigned between 1 and 3 years old. So if the process in Colombia takes 3 years, I like to think that maybe my child is being born in this precise moment.

Anyway, don't give up hope. I always wish you the best!!

Ana MarĂ­a

"My heart aches for you everyday - praying that someday you will come to exist outside my dreams!"

8:50 PM  
Blogger ellie said...

Nice photo. I can understand the looking at alternatives- I started browsing adoption a bit but it is a whole other area of research and I just haven't got it in me to learn a new topic right now.

2:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged