Sunday, July 22, 2007

I love Harry Potter...and my naturopath

Have just spent a very happy few hours reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. No spoilers for those who have not read it yet, but it was awesome. I finished it with a strange feeling of sadness that the series is over - I'm going to miss the excitement of getting the next Harry and finding out what happens next!

And I love my naturopath. This may be too much info for some of my readers (i.e. those who know me in real life) but one thing my naturopath was concerned about was my lengthy, heavy and painful periods. I am happy to report that this month - a 28 day cycle as opposed to my normal 26 days - no pain, no cramps, no heaviness. I've hardly even noticed it was that "time of the month"! Back to see him next week and I think he will be pleased.

It's been a wet and rainy weekend - perfect for Harry Potter reading, and seeing "This is New Zealand" - a movie made in 1969 to promote New Zealand at the 1970 Osaka Expo. Rather funny in parts - there seemed to be an emphasis on strip clubs for some reason - but also lovely to see some of the gorgeous places that NZ has to offer. That was followed by a hearty beef stew back here with our mate Muzz, and then bananas cooked in sugar, cointreau and spices. Yummm! I love winter cooking...

Oh and the first week of the new treadmill has been great - I've clocked up 35kms between dog walking and treadmill walking, so I'm definately getting a good workout :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I'm reading HP right now (well, not right now, but..). Just started last night. Mmmmm. Hearing about winter cooking when we're in the middle of summer up here made me nostalgic. I love the change of seasons. They always come when you are sick of the last one! The bananas sound yummy. Glad you are enjoying the treadmill. I have to get up from my computer soon and get on my elliptical machine this morning. It makes me feel so much better!

10:16 PM  
Blogger Mony said...

I really feel like I am missing out on something....all the HP mania is over my head! I am yet to read them?
Go Naturopath! How cool that you got results like that!

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged