Saturday, May 08, 2010

Sixteen candles...


One candle for each week! Tomorrow is Mother's Day. My first one ever, and certainly a day I never thought I would get to celebrate. I'm just happy - I don't care if I get a present or not - I have the biggest gift!
It's been an up and down week - busy with work, I've had a cold, and both Rupert and Grace caught it too. Grace has been pretty darn good, sleeping and feeding well - odd times of being unsettled but 90% of the time she is fantastic. We've had some really fun play times - she loves laying next to me on the bed while I read her books, and as you can see above she is getting very strong! And still as talkative as ever, I've been trying to record it but the moment the camera comes out she clams up. And poses. Yup, my daughter is destined for modelling I think!
Rupert has been doing such an awesome job with her - I left them alone last Friday night and again on Tuesday morning when I went to work functions, and also on Saturday morning when I went to the office. It's really nice for the two of them to have some time together, and it's great to be able to head off and do what I need to without worrying.
In other news, we have decided on a daycare place for Grace - nice people, handy to home, and lovely clean and bright facilities. She will start in June for 2 days a week. I think it will work out well - it will actually mean life will be a little easier for all of us - I won't be madly trying to get all my office work done in snatches while she sleeps, and Rupert won't be coming home to all the chores! And she will get to hang out with other babies which she loves! I'll miss her terribly, but it is a good compromise all round I think! And if it really doesn't work for us, then we figure something else out!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Mony said...

Look how good she is at tummy time! Brilliant! Cooper REFUSED to push himself up as a wee baby. He would just face plant the carpet & scream blue murder. She is delightful!!

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

der pixxiee, I hav read a lot of your blogs andi hav never seen a mother talk about her child sôoooooooooo much I am impressed.....





ps:give my hugs and kisses to your daughter althogh she does not no me.

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged