Went in for a blood test this morning, then to see my doc for a scan. Well, not great news, he still couldn't see the right ovary, and while there are a couple of small follicles on the left ovary (he wouldn't even count them as they were hard to see and small), things aren't looking too great.
I think my doc is used to folks crying in his office, and had tissues at the ready! The upshot is that we are waiting to hear the blood test results this afternoon, and if the estrogen level rises again we will go over to the main clinic tomorrow (Saturday) for a scan using their more sophisticated scan machine and hopefully he will be able to see more, and perhaps the right ovary. So, tonight will be four injections as I am going to use up the Gonal pens that I have left over with a wee dose left in each.
I talked to him about protocols, those that I have read about from the US etc, but those treatments are not approved here in New Zealand. I am on the highest dose of Gonal that they use, and I just seem to be one of those people who don't respond well. I just feel gutted - I've had a sore tummy all week, with bloating and twinges, and had so hoped that meant that I would see a bit more action.
Will update later when I have the blood test result and the plan (if there is one) going forward.
Today's blood test result is 1043 - a good double from two days ago. Does this mean while I may not have many eggs, they are good ones? Who knows...I am too weary to think about it! So...same dosage of Gonal tonight and then an 8am appointment across the other side of town from us to do the scan.
Sigh. From despair to hope again. This rollercoaster is not much fun!